Sunday, September 18, 2011

Marketing 101

On Sunday I spent most of my day making and labeling candles. I normally don't make the candles at home but we were making candles to send to the Wildlife Film Festival. We weren't making any money by selling these candles but we had a huge marketing opportunity. By sending 50 candles to people from National Geographic, Discovery Channel, and representatives from other companies, we could sell a lot of candles.

What I've learned is that when a marketing opportunity comes up, you can give up a little bit of product for the chance to sell a lot of products. I have had many marketing opportunities, and after looking over all of them have taken advantage of some, and declined others. Marketing is something everyone should have a plan for and when you have an opportunity discuss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment